Udja Comments for Joomla 1.6 - 1.0 RC1
Well, it's been an eventful couple of weeks and I apologise for taking so long to get this second version, but I'm so happy with testing and the updates that I have jumped from beta 0.3 rite to RC1. The reason for this is I don't intend on any major bugs being left over. One issue is due to a mistake on the original release of the beta 0.3 will not be automatically upgradeable, however, you can install udja comments rc1 straight over the top of udja comments 0.3 beta with no config/data loss.
Udja Comments 1.0 RC1 new features
- ReCaptcha added (this will require a reCaptcha api key)
- Fixed language bugs for en-GB
- pt-BR and se-SE native translations have been added. Thankyou Alex Castro and Kristian
- users name/email pre-populated when logged into frontend
- Content plugin created to use with articles
- Content plugin hook to display X comments on blog layouts
- auto-updater fixed (please note due to a bug in Joomla this will NOT WORK untill Joomla 1.7 stable is released - due in the next couple of weeks)
Udja Comments pre-existing features list
- Supports nested comments (replying to others comments)
- Has basic spam detection, word/ip/email/domain filtering.
- Avatar & Gravatar support
- Fully using framework, LANG/HTML are both overrideable without core-hacks.
- Uses a module for the comments so can be used with any component, not restricted to content.
- Can be ordered oldest->newest or newest->oldest
- Form position (above or below comments)
- Pagination, and customisation of per-page
- Automatic updates to component using Joomla 1.6 update section
- Extension CSS can be turned on or off.
That's it for now, I hope everyone has much more enjoyment with this updated version of udja comments. Please, if you like the extension and are using it consider rating the extension at http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/articles-comments/17473 to help the project grow!
NB: If you cannot see comments on the frontend after install, goto extensions->plugin manager, then locate "Content - udjacomments" and ensure it is publishe